Development and Educational Communication Unit (DECU)
Ambawadi Vistar PO
Ahmedabad - 380 015
V.S. Palsule: Director
About the Development and Educational Communication Unit
Development and Educational Communication Unit (DECU) is involved in the system definition, planning, implementation and socio-economic research/evaluation of satellite-based societal applications.
The Major Programs, at present, of DECU – to promote the satellite-based communication systems to support development, education & training – include:
- Gramsat Program - including Training & Development Communication Channel (TDCC)
- Satcom Applications – including VRC, DMS Program (for S & T), etc.
- Satcom Networks - Configuration, Implementation & Utilisation
- Social Research & Evaluation
- Content Generation, Transmission, & Training
- Studio & Technical Facilities
DECU, as an independent entity, has a definite role in meeting the goals of ISRO in promoting usage of space technology for the benefit of common man. The continuing expansion of space applications programs like Tele-education, Tele-medicine, etc. reiterates the increasing role played by DECU in providing direct benefits to the society. Thus, DECU continues to pursue successful goals on all fronts in meeting the objectives of space-based societal applications for the national development.